Ireland AM Videos
Mary’s parenting contribution to Ireland AM
Mary has contributed to Ireland AM on a range of topics since 2015, and now has a monthly Parenting Slot in the programme where she both covers specific topics and answers viewers parenting questions.
Topics she has covered on the programme include:
- Supporting anxious children.
- Raising resilient children.
- How to support your child’s self-esteem.
- Tips for starting school.
- The transition from primary school to secondary school.
- The pressure to be a perfect parent.
- Selective mutism.
- Supporting children when a new baby arrives.
- Sibling rivalry.
- Telling children about a separation.
- Blended families.
- Parenting issues over Christmas.
- Family meal times.
- Independence and teens.
- Body image and dieting.
- The importance of reading to your child.
- Children and social media.
- Bulling & online bullying.
- Raising kind children.
- Talking to children about puberty.
- Our teenager’s body image.
- Positive behaviour management.
- Communicating with our children.
- Children’s friendships.
- The importance of play.
- Dealing with exam stress.
- Fostering independence.
- Supporting a grieving child.
- Parenting under pressure.
- Dealing with phobias.
- Lawnmower parenting.
- Panda parenting.
- Mommy shaming.
- Parenting in the summer months.
- Parenting in the digital world.